It’s pouring with rain outside, temperatures have plummeted and we’re all wondering if last week’s beautiful spring weather was a big trick. So its time for something to make you laugh. I think I have just the ticket. Continue reading
So much is going on in my life at the moment that is making me laugh, cry or tear my hair out, but being so busy, I’ve no time to write about it. So, I thought I’d take inspiration from the wonderful Robin Kramer at Pink Dryer Lint, who wrote a post of headlines from her week and asked others to send theirs in as comments. Hysterically brilliant.
So, here goes, only my week has been such that it has to be covered in several headlines:
- Family throw fantastic party to celebrate new conservatory. Whilst parents sleep it off, leaking toilet causes untold damage to kitchen ceiling, cupboard and worktop.
- Boy, aged 6, hurts himself for the sixth time in as many weeks. Mother frantically searches for lost patience.
- Cycling enthusiast, aged 43, calls his wife for the third time in 2 months to be collected from Middle of Nowhere owing to injury/broken bike.
- 42 yr old mother of two suffers shock after driver of passing car yells out ‘Sexy!’ on her way home from school run.
- 8 year old girl in shock at winning local art competition.
- Over-stretched mother discovers it is only Tuesday when she could have sworn it was Friday.
And this all in just 4 days. Pass me the gin….
So, now its your turn. How would you sum up your week (or one part of it) in a headline?
I’m linking this up with Shoulder to Shoulder Day for Emma at Crazy With Twins (apologies for not making it a post especially for you Emma, but I lost track of dates!)
Tuesday was one of those crazy afternoons that make me feel like I’m on the set of a sitcom. The sort of bizarre situation where several things happen simultaneously, all converging toward me like a heat seeking torpedo. Continue reading